Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It snowed. Again.

It's been snowing, I swear, at least a little bit like every single day since the original snow blog I posted. I'm sort of over it. And I know, I know, I haven't had to deal with anything like my friends in the northeast U.S., and I haven't had to shovel a car out of it, or try to drive in it, or even shovel a sidewalk. And for that I'm thankful, believe me. I've been walking to work again as much as I can, though, and it's slippery and it makes people drive like jerks. But I still see some pretty things. Look at the Eiffel Tower enshrouded in mist! I thought of that word today while I was standing in the Tuileries next to the Louvre. I wanted to use it.









This is Invalides. Napoleon is there in a big above-ground coffin. I've only seen pictures.


1 comment:

  1. It's really pretty at least. I mean, here it snows, and then we plow, and then there's mounds of grey dirty old snow that just doesn't melt til March. I'd be over it too though if I was walking to work. I walk out of my bed in my pjs into the next room, so, yeah. Not quite the same. I am glad to see Paris snowy, because most of the pictures I've seen are in the summer when I guess the most people go there and it doesn't look so still and quiet as it does in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete